Business Resources (online learning tools, templates, how-tos)
- MEDC Initiate - this online learning portal provides small businesses access to valuable resources to help them grow and thrive in today’s economy.
- Main Street Online Tool - Build, Grow, and Boost Your Small Business Online
Navigating how to effectively start or develop your business online can be overwhelming. We are here to help guide you through this process by identifying the best solutions for your unique e-commerce needs and providing you with a roadmap to implement an effective online strategy.
City of Charlevoix Commercial & Industrial Energy Efficiency Program
Ready to start your project?
Follow these 3 simple steps.
- Step #1: Request Pre-Approval To ensure that your project is eligible.
- Step #2: Complete Your Project
- Step #3: Get Your Cash Incentive
Click here for more information and to apply.
Commercial Redevelopment District
Public Act 255 of 1978 encourages the replacement, restoration, and new construction of commercial property by abating the property taxes generated from new investment for a period up to 12 years. As defined, commercial property means land improvements whether completed or in the process of construction, the primary purpose and use of which is the operation of a commercial business enterprise. Mixed-use developments maybe eligible, but the abatement will only apply to the commercial potion of the property. Land and personal property are not eligible for abatement under this act.
Types of commercial property enterprises include:
- Parts distribution
- Research and development
- Retail sales
For more information, please view the Commercial Facilities Exemption Certificate Policy (PDF).
Match on Main Grant
“Match on Main” is a reimbursement grant program, provided by the Michigan Economic Development Corporation, for small businesses located in Select or Master level Michigan Main Street communities. Up to $30,000 is available for eligible businesses and requires a 10% cash match. This grant program will provide funding to Select or Master level Michigan Main Street programs to support small business owners as they explore ways to improve the interior space. The goal of Match on Main is threefold:
- to strengthen small business through working with the local Main Street program and through consulting with the Small Business Development Center thus making the business more sustainable for the long term,
- to reactivate underutilized and vacant commercial space in MMS districts, and
- To grow the Community’s entrepreneurial ecosystem by supporting place-based businesses that fit within the Main Street Program’s strategy and priorities.
For more information, please view the Match on Main Grant page.
Redevelopment Liquor License
Redevelopment Liquor License (PA 501)To encourage cities to enhance their quality of life for their residents and visitors to their communities, the Liquor Control Commission may issue public on-premises licenses in addition to those quota licenses currently allowed in those cities. Eligible businesses must be:
- Located in an established business district, or redevelopment area
- Have spent at least $75,000 in building improvements
- Must have a seating capacity of at least 25 people
- Among other requirements
For more information, please view the Redevelopment Liquor License (PDF).