Interested in helping to make your community a better place? We have openings on DDA subcommittees or you could help with individual projects or tasks that suit you! Help a little or get very involved.…it’s up to you!
Click here to view a list of current volunteer opportunities.
Enhances the image of Downtown and encourages consumers, residents, and investors to live, work, have fun, and invest in Downtown by raising the level of awareness through:
- District-wide advertising
- Marketing and public relation campaigns
- Promotes the program to stakeholders and the community
- Raises funds for activities and administration
Capitalizes on Downtown’s historic buildings and pedestrian-oriented streets to create an inviting downtown atmosphere through attractive buildings, streetscape improvements, and signage.
Quality Design is encouraged through:
- Appropriate new construction
- Context-sensitive design and planning
- Education and technical assistance about good maintenance practices
- Rehabilitation of historic buildings
Economic Vitality Committee
Strengthens downtown’s existing economic assets while expanding and diversifying its economic base by encouraging the conversion of underutilized commercial space into economically productive property. EV helps sharpen the competitiveness of existing businesses through education and recruits compatible new businesses and economic uses to ensure that Downtown is economically successful and more responsive to today’s consumers.