Hours and Rates
Downtown Charlevoix offers metered parking and pay station parking. Parking meters line Bridge Street from Antrim Street to Park Avenue. Metered parking has a maximum time limit of 2 hours. Pay station parking is offered in the Acacia Lot on Bridge Park Drive. Pay station parking has a maximum time limit of 3 hours. The rate for parking is $1.00 per hour at both the parking meters and pay stations. Parking meters and pay stations can be paid by credit/debit card, coin, and ParkMobile (see below for more information on ParkMobile). Free 2-hour parking is available in non-metered parking spots on the first block of Park Avenue, Clinton Street, Mason Street and Antrim Street. Free city lot parking is available behind the Bridge Street stores and restaurants. Parking is enforced Monday - Saturday from 8:00am - 8:00pm by the Charlevoix City Police Department annually between May 1st and October 31st. The fee for parking violations is $10.00. If the parking violation is not paid within 72 hours, the fee will increase to $30.00.
The ParkMobile® pay by app for parking for iPhone and Android gives you a smarter way to park!
ParkMobile is the #1 app for parking in the United States, letting you easily pay for on-street parking!
Ready to Get Started?
Step 2: Create an account - VIDEO - How to set up your account
Step 3: Enter vehicle information - VIDEO - How to manage vehicles
Step 4: Set up payment method - VIDEO - How to set up payment
Step 5: Find ParkMobile enabled parking - VIDEO - How to park in a zone
Annually effective December 1st until April 1st, vehicles shall not park on City streets from 2 a.m. to 6 a.m. Cars/trailers are asked to be off the streets and City parking lots to permit the removal of snow and ice from City streets. If you park on the streets, your car may be ticketed.
Charlevoix City Code, Title VII, Chapter 70.04 Excerpt from Uniform Traffic Code for Cities, Townships and Villages, Section 8.25 is amended to state: Section 8.25. All night parking. Unless otherwise marked, the following standards apply between the hours of 2:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m., Sundays through Saturdays, annually, from December 1 to the following April 1, on-street parking for vehicles, trailers, equipment, etc. shall only be permitted on all public streets within the city only as follows:
- Odd-numbered dates. On all odd-numbered dates, all vehicles shall be parked on the odd-numbered side of the street. The "odd-numbered side of the street" shall mean the side of the public street that is adjacent to properties that are designated by odd-numbered addresses.
- Even-numbered dates. On all even-numbered dates, all vehicles shall be parked on the even-numbered side of the street. The "even-numbered side of the street" shall mean the side of the public street that is adjacent to the properties that are designated by even-numbered addresses.
Overnight parking is not allowed on the following streets at any time:
- Belvedere Avenue
- Ferry Avenue
- Burns Street from Petoskey Avenue to Division Street
- West Carpenter Street
- Division Street
- West Garfield Avenue from Bridge Street to Grant Street
- Grant Street
- West Hurlbut Avenue between Bridge Street and State Street
- May Street between East Carpenter Avenue from Bridge Street to May Street and East Garfield Avenue
- Bridge Street to May Street
- Meech Street
- Michigan Avenue between Division Street and Petoskey Avenue
- State Street
Overnight parking in designated city lots may be allowed by permit only. Residents with a parking permit may park overnight in marked areas in the Dewitt lot; the Central lot; and the Kusina lot. Otherwise the maximum time for parking in city lots shall be 24 hours.
Please review the finalized Snow Ordinance attached below.